Skip to content
What Are SEO Keywords and Why are they important ?
What Are SEO Keywords?
- Keywords are one of the main elements of SEO basics. Before we get into the details of keywords, some of you might be wondering, “what is a keyword?”
- A keyword is a term that is used to match with the query a person enters into a search engine to find specific information.
- Keywords form part of a Web page’s metadata and help search engines match a page to with an appropriate search query.They are intended to act as shortcuts that sum up an entire page.
- In other words, you need to know how people are looking for the products, services or information that you offer, in order to make it easy for them to find you—otherwise, they’ll land on one of the many other pages.
- Keywords and SEO are directly connected when it comes to running a winning search marketing campaign.
- Choosing right keywords to optimize for is thus the first and most crucial step to successful SEO campaign. If you fail, the road ahead is very bumpy and most likely you will only waste your time and money.
- Good SEO doesn’t just increase visitors and your ranking in the search engine results pages (SERPs) — it also means more conversions, and better engagement and brand recognition.
Why are they important?
- In choosing a keyword for your business, it is very important to put some time and thought into researching keywords.
- By using keywords correctly, a search engine will be to find your website more easily when users plug in related keywords, so your search engine ranking will inevitably increase.
- Most people use search engines (like Google or Bing) to find what they’re looking for online. Once your business’ search engine ranking goes up, traffic should also theoretically start to climb as well.
- Lastly, using a proper keyword strategy can help to boost your overall credibility.Search engines will direct traffic towards sites that have content that’s truly useful.Using keywords correctly can boost a business’s online traffic.
- If you’re interested in increasing your company’s search engine ranking, then it’s important that you take the time to understand how keywords work, and then implement an SEO-friendly strategy into your online channels.
- Keywords are arguably still an important factor, but they are not the only factor in SEO. Users find their way onto your page in a variety of ways, including referrals , social media and direct traffic .
- The role of keywords was once very central to the function of search engines. Search engines could crawl sites and, if the keywords were accurate, serve those sites up as search results.
- However, people began abusing the keyword metadata in an attempt to show up higher in searches, and even to rank in completely unrelated searches. For this reason, the importance of keywords in SEO has been greatly reduced.